Last Sunday night, as I sat in my bed, pen and notebook in hand, I thought about the week ahead. It was going to be a busy one both at home and at school. "I better write this stuff down so I don't forget anything," I told myself. I mentally began to divide the tasks into daily lists, and started to feel overwhelmed before my pen even touched the paper. Then I remembered this little quote a friend had posted on facebook:
Now here I sit, one week later, looking back at my week. It was indeed a very busy, but surprisingly stress free and enjoyable week! I worried at first that perhaps I had forgotten something important, or maybe I didn't get anything done. So I decided it indulge myself in one more list. I'm going to call this one my "Ta-da!" list, because I really did get a lot done!
1. I finished the school year and cleaned and packed up my art classroom for the summer.
2. I kept up with the laundry and my other household chores. (This one makes me so happy!)
3. I finished and shipped my last shop order for My Friends and Me
4.I worked on a new design/pattern for a cat. While it is still a work in progress, the head looks wonderful and I am excited to finish it.
5. I taught a beginner bear making class to a friend from school (7 hours!)
6. I got my hair done.
7. I enjoyed lots of family fun time including a trip to King's Island with Alex and Brendan,
8. and my niece's birthday/graduation party,
9. and a family reunion!
10. I also wrote two blog posts!
Ta-da! I'm going to see if this works two weeks in a row. I am hopeful!